Chief Mechanical Engineer with a relevant background on Solar Energy Technologies ,especially Concentrated Solar Power (CSP), through research and development activities with significant practical experience. Working with a R&D team in several projects dealing with multiple aspects, from solar resources, CSP system qualification, thermal energy storage to market assessment and capacity building . My work activities covers multiple scales: material, component and system.
Field: Thermal solar power- Mechanical Design -Thermal energy storage - Concentrated solar power (CSP)- Resistance of materials - Heat transfer- Electromechanical - Agro-industrial processes- Quality control
June 2011 - Present:
Senior Engineer at the Research and Technologies Centre of Energy (CRTEn)
February - July 2010:
Maintenance Team Manager at (Kobbi Aluminum).
- Thermal solar power
- Mechanical Design
-Thermal energy storage
- Concentrated solar power (CSP)
- Resistance of materials
- Heat transfer
- Agro-industrial processes
- Quality control
-EnerMENA : Energy in the Middle East and Northern Africa
-HyMenSo : MENA Hybrid Solar System
-UHTCs : Novel Ultra-High Temperature Ceramics based selective solar
-TN-TR Bilateral R&D Project : Development of Solar Drying Technologies for the Valorization of Sludge.
- Optical and thermal evaluations of a medium temperature parabolic trough solar collector used in a cooling installation. Moncef Balghouthi, Abdessalem Ben Haj Ali, Seif Eddine Trabelsi, Amenallah Guizani. Energy Conversion and Management. October 2014.
- Realization of a Based Concrete Thermal Storage Module used with a Medium Temperature Parabolic Trough Solar Collector. Abdessalem Ben Haj Ali, Moncef Balghout hi, Amenallah Guizani. International Journal of Thermal and Environmental Engineering (IJTEE). August 2015
- Optical qualification of a solar parabolic concentrator using photogrammetry technique. Safa skouri, Abdessalem BEN HAJ ALI, Salwa Bouadila, Sassi Ben Nasrallah. Elsevier - Energy. August 2015.
- Potential of concentrating solar power (CSP) technology in Tunisia and the possibility of interconnection with Europe. Moncef Balghouthi, , Seif Eddine Trabelsi, Mahmoud Ben Amara, Abdessalem Ben Haj Ali, Amenall ah Guizani April (2016) .
- Design and construction of sun tracking systems for solar parabolic concentrator displacement. Safa Skouri , Abdessalem Ben Haj Ali , Salwa Bouadila, Mohieddine Ben Salah, Sassi Ben Nasrallah .Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (2016).
Groups and networks
DLR : German aerospace center institute of solar research - Spain/Germany
iThemba Lab : Laboratory for Accelerator-Based Sciences - South African